Thursday, March 26, 2009

When I get old

I'm not going to be bitter and complaining. Especially to strangers! :) I went to a doctor today and while I was sitting in the fairly crowded waiting room, an elderly woman came and sat next to me. I don't mind talking to people in situations like this (I don't usually start the conversation, but sure, I'll talk). But then she proceeded to complain about her living situation, her kids, her medical problems, the doctor, the doctor's office - pretty much anything that she could complain about, she did. I do not want to be like that. I realize she may not have the life she wanted - her kids could live closer, her husband could still be alive, doctors could be on time - but there were good things to comment on. The weather was beautiful today! And there was a 5-6 year old wearing the cutest tights (really! horizontal colorful stripes!). Anyway. I am going to be an old lady that everyone wants to be around because I see the good things in life.

No comments: