Sunday, April 25, 2010

I think I'm going for it

I'm going to do it. You know, the jars? I'm so in love with the idea, that I'm determined to try it. But I don't have matching jars, and buying jars would not only require money, which I don't have, but would be beside the point. :) So since I don't have beautiful matching Ball jars, I'm going to repurpose glass jars I empty - spaghetti sauce, salsa, etc. To create some sort of match-y-ness, I think I'm going to paint the jar lids a matching color. That should help, right? And I'm going to store things in them. Cocoa, baking soda, maybe icing sprinkles (they are so colorful!) - I'm sure I can find lots of stuff! Yay! I'm so excited, I've already started taking the labels off a couple of jars. By the way, I'm sure this will be the yuckiest part of the whole process.

1 comment:

carra said...

i love it! i kind of do that already, but i keep the jars in my cabinet. (they're not matchy) i started doing it because of a moth problem last year. i can't wait to see how it turns out for you.

by the way... i totally thought that picture was your kitchen at first. i couldn't quite get my mind around it. :)