Thursday, March 18, 2010

And work is my liturgy...

Ann at Holy Experience is a poet. And her post last Friday about work is great.
 All work is good work. The work of our hands is always making the world a better place.
And work is my liturgy, motions of worship to Him, who from, and to, and through, are all things....
Simple acts of cleaning are my humble, conquering efforts in the quotidian struggle between chaos and order, creation and disintegration, God and Death. And I frame this cleaning as my monastic beauty, my daily wrestle, to create, in imperfect ways, a world for these loved ones... like You created so perfectly for humanity when the world began....
"To lift up the hands in prayer gives God glory,
but a man with a dungfork in his hand,
a woman with a slop pail,
give Him glory
too
.

God is so great that all things give Him glory, if you mean that they should."

~St. Ignatius Loyola

If you have ever thought your life is not important (and isn't that all of us?!), you should definitely read it.

No comments: