Monday, January 25, 2010

So much for blogging

My title pretty much sums it up. My poor neglected blog.... So many other things are going on in my life that I haven't written. Different reasons on different days. But I feel like being honest today. So it's back to blogging.

I've started reading lots of blogs about mothering, urban living/homesteading, simplicity, etc. (like this one, this one, and this one.) They've inspired me. In fact this week I'm very excited about winning this book and accompanying home planner. A mommy blogger, Jamie at SteadyMom, wrote a short book about enjoying motherhood. About doing it intentionally, professionally, and giving your best to your kids. I'm really looking forward to reading it. Doing some things "good enough" is not always the easiest thing to do. So I'm working at it. Because Anne deserves best.

And I had time to blog today since I was sick yesterday and am taking it easy today. Anne's watching more tv than usual today so I get a chance to be on the computer. A treat for both of us. But now Ben is sick. Yech. Especially since his class started today. Hopefully he'll feel good enough to go tomorrow.

Okay, time for something to drink. (Nothing to eat and very little to drink for 36 hours takes a while to recover from.)

1 comment:

carra said...

Thanks for sharing these blogs. I have looked and will continue to look them over and enjoy them. Not that I need any more to keep up with. Although I guess my list is mostly craft blogs. There's more to life (and mothering) than crafts!