Friday, December 12, 2008

Things

Christmas is almost here. It hardly seems possible. And yet another year, even though I try to plan ahead, I still feel like I'm too busy to enjoy the season. Maybe next year I'll learn. But I have a party tonight, so I'm excited!

http://www.dailylit.com - totally cool site! You sign up to receive daily e-mails with short installments of books. That way you get to read whole books a little bit at a time. I'm going to try it with one of those books I've never managed to get through. (I'm thinking Tolstoy to start with.) :) The classics are free - the bestsellers are available for a small fee. Such a neat idea!

A verse for today I read on a blog I never read - 1 Samuel 7:12, "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen and called its name Ebenezer, saying, 'THUS FAR, THE LORD HAS HELPED US."

No comments: