Tuesday, November 04, 2008

*%^#! Daylight Savings Time

Let me go on the record for being heartily opposed to daylight savings time. Before Anne, I thought it was a mere nuisance. I was wrong, it is so bad, I can't come up with a strong enough word. For the past while, she's been fairly routine - get up about 7, eat, play, snack, play, eat, nap in the afternoon, snack, play, go to bed about 7:30. I don't need a serious routine, but a little goal is good. And I like that I get to sleep till 7 and she goes to bed fairly early. Okay, enter daylight savings time. Sunday she was awake at 4:45. Took a nap at 9 a.m. Did NOT take an afternoon nap. Wanted to go to be at 5. Monday I got her to sleep till 6. Took a morning nap. Wanted to take an afternoon nap at 4 (!) and when I wouldn't let her sleep very long, she cried almost the whole time till she went to bed at 7. And today - up at 5:15. (in full disclosure, Anne has a cold, too, but I blame most of this on the time change.)

Screw daylight savings time. The creators obviously were not parents.

4 comments:

the hancocks said...

Oh I could NOT agree MORE. Growing up in Indiana, it's still completely bizarre to me. I had never even heard of it until I went to college. DST hit and I was like, "you've GOT to be kidding me..." When you don't grow up with it, you know somebody very stupid was given much too much power...

Karen Roper said...

Keely said it threw off Elora for 2-3 days!

I hate it myself and wish they would just split the difference between the two times. Or just drop it altogether. It is archaic.

I have added you to my blogroll so feel free to drop by sometime! :)

Melodie Booton said...

karen, you have to give me permission to view your blog. melodiebooton@gmail.com. i'd love to stop by after i get permission.

Karen Roper said...

ooops sorry...I thought I had. Will update now.