Tuesday, November 04, 2008

*%^#! Daylight Savings Time

Let me go on the record for being heartily opposed to daylight savings time. Before Anne, I thought it was a mere nuisance. I was wrong, it is so bad, I can't come up with a strong enough word. For the past while, she's been fairly routine - get up about 7, eat, play, snack, play, eat, nap in the afternoon, snack, play, go to bed about 7:30. I don't need a serious routine, but a little goal is good. And I like that I get to sleep till 7 and she goes to bed fairly early. Okay, enter daylight savings time. Sunday she was awake at 4:45. Took a nap at 9 a.m. Did NOT take an afternoon nap. Wanted to go to be at 5. Monday I got her to sleep till 6. Took a morning nap. Wanted to take an afternoon nap at 4 (!) and when I wouldn't let her sleep very long, she cried almost the whole time till she went to bed at 7. And today - up at 5:15. (in full disclosure, Anne has a cold, too, but I blame most of this on the time change.)

Screw daylight savings time. The creators obviously were not parents.

4 comments:

mindy said...

Oh I could NOT agree MORE. Growing up in Indiana, it's still completely bizarre to me. I had never even heard of it until I went to college. DST hit and I was like, "you've GOT to be kidding me..." When you don't grow up with it, you know somebody very stupid was given much too much power...

Karen R said...

Keely said it threw off Elora for 2-3 days!

I hate it myself and wish they would just split the difference between the two times. Or just drop it altogether. It is archaic.

I have added you to my blogroll so feel free to drop by sometime! :)

Melodie said...

karen, you have to give me permission to view your blog. melodiebooton@gmail.com. i'd love to stop by after i get permission.

Karen R said...

ooops sorry...I thought I had. Will update now.