Sunday, September 03, 2006
I'm in Texas at my parent's house to help with my sister's wedding, which is Saturday. Well, there was a shower yesterday afternoon. We got home about 8, and it smelled funny. Kinda like smoke. But we figured that it must have come from outside. We fixed dinner and were sitting down to eat when we decided that it smelled stronger. So we started looking. After sniffing around, we decided it was strongest at one wall in the living room. Then, to our horror, we saw burn marks going up from a light switch. and it was hot! So we turned off the electricity to the house and called the fire department. They took of the switch cover and saw that the switch itself was melting! They had a heat sensor that they looked inside the walls around the area and determined that it hadn't spread - it was contained in the switch. Praise God! But we had a fire engine at our house. What excitement for the week before the wedding!
Posted by Melodie Booton at 1:11 PM