Saturday, April 30, 2005

Jane Austen

Jane Austen is simply amazing. I love reading her. I've recently been reading Northanger Abbey, which is one of the last of her books that I haven't read. The main girls love to read novels. I feel a kinship with them, not surprisingly! Here's a couple of quotes from the book:
"Provided that nothing like useful knowledge could be gained from them, provided they were all story and no reflection, she had never any objection to books at all."
"Miss Morland, no one can think more highly of the understanding of women than I do. In my opinion, nature has given them so much, that they never find it necessary to use more than half."
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good book, must be intolerably stupid."

She's so witty. She was not afraid to poke fun at her society. I just love it!

Okay, enough talking about books. On to real life...

No comments: